CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Autum is here, wish you were beautiful...

It is Fall in the Ozarks and the trees are beautiful! The weather could be warmer, but I can't complain about the sunshine we are getting. I love getting to wear warm clothes again, but I hate wearing shoes! I wish I could wear my sandles all year! I guess it would look too tacky if I just wore socks with them, huh?
We have a digital clock that changes to daylight savings on it's own, which it did, A WEEK EARLY. SO, yesterday, Russ got up to get ready to for work not realizing he was an hour behind. All the kids were still asleep (even Weston!) and I turned on the TV to watch the morning news. I couldn't understand why my dad left for work so early and why the CBS Early show was on so early. Then I looked at the analog clock on the wall and the satellite clock and realized that our digital clock was wrong! It was actually 7:50, not 6:50. I usually leave the house at 8:10 to get the kids to school, and they were still in bed. So, we shuffled and hurried and ran out the door with a granola bar and everyone made it to where they needed to be on time. The kids had to eat hot lunch at school and I didnt get a shower, but we survived! Moral of this story, be careful of what you put your faith in, especially electronics! It seems as if I was an hour off all day.
The kids are looking forward to Halloween on Friday and going to Spooktacular at the zoo tomorrow. Luckily, it is supposed to warm up for us. I will post some photos of the event later :-)

2 comments:

  1. That's funny that your clock was set forward an hour a week early. Glad you made it to your destinations in time...and look, you got an extra hour of sleep this week and you'll get another next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to your comment on Jacob being Tinky-Winky...I had no idea anyone else even knew of tinky-winky's bag! Brad wanted me to find one, but we didn't and I didn't think anyone else would have known about it anyway. You're sure in the teletubbie loop you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete